At Christmas time, we tend to think about angels more often. Common secular portrayals of angels are often inaccurate, and even among Christians there can be some off base views.
In several posts, I’ll share some details on angels as portrayed in the Bible. By the way, the Bible actually doesn’t tell us that much about angels or the unseen spiritual world for that matter. It is more like we are given peaks or glimpses into it. There is no central text on angels. Rather tidbits are revealed here and there, especially as angels are performing tasks. We can be tempted to “fill-in-the-blanks” for what we are not told, but it is best to accept what God has chosen to reveal and not embellish or add to it – in my opinion at least. In these posts I’ll attempt to share what we can know about angels.
For fun (?), here is a true/false quiz to get us started!
1. This picture represents the way angels are typically portrayed in the Bible.
2. When little children die, they become angels.
3. There are good angels and bad angels.
4. The Bible teaches that each person has a guardian angel assigned to them.
5. Angels are a higher order of being than man.
6. Angels can help us, so it is okay to pray to an angel and ask them for help.
7. Christians shall judge angels in a future day.
8. Angels are not referred to as singing in the Bible.
9. Angels always appear with wings.
10. There was no redemption for the angels who sinned.
11. Christ said, when taken prisoner just before Calvary, He could have called 10,000 angels.
The answers: 1. False, 2. False, 3. True, 4. False, 5. True, 6. False, 7. True, 8. True, 9. False, 10. True, 11. False
Maybe some of the answers surprised you? Don’t worry, in the posts to come I will elaborate on the answers!